Here is a summary of where we stand with requests made to Ning recently - things that will make UnionBook a better network for us all.
- 15.9 - I asked them if we could have more than one RSS feed on our individual pages (click on My Page in the menu on top to see what I mean).
- 15.9 - I asked if we could increase the number of messages a user is allowed to send. Apparently, if you have more than 200 friends and try to email them, you are stopped.
- 31.8 - I asked them to change the way countries are displayed (USA first, then alphabetical order) and the prompt for your 'state' even if you like outside the USA, and they agreed that this was a good idea and would be fixed.
- 31.8 - I asked them why some people signing up were told their password were wrong, and this has to do with them being part of another Ning network. As of now, they can choose to change their passwords from within UnionBook, which will help.
- 25.8 - I asked Ning to allow individual users to choose their own default languages. They replied that they 'don't know' if they'll allow this. We will shortly be launching a little campaign to get them to change their minds.
- 20.8 - I asked why Advanced Search was not showing, for example, all members from a particular country. They told me that there could be a lag of a few days.