The social network for trade unionists - a LabourStart project.
Time: February 8, 2011 all day
Location: World-wide Website or Map: http://www.ituc-csi.org Event Type: mobilization
Organized By: International Trade Union Confederation Latest Activity: Feb 9, 2011
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
Called by the international trade union movement - full details here (PDF)
Add a Comment
Stop corrupt leadership of Mubarak union movement
Independent unionists demand that head of corrupt state-run Egyptian Trade Union Federation should be stopped from leaving Egypt with his ill-gotten gains. Read the report from the CTUWS on LabourStart here:http://www.labourstart.org/egypt/
The Committee for a Workers International (CWI), in solidarity with the people of Egypt, calls for:
- The formation of democratically elected committees of mass struggle and defense against Mubarak's thugs and state repression and to organize the distribution and supply of food and essential needs
- Mass workers' action, including a general strike, to overthrow Mubarak and the whole rotten, brutal regime
- For rank and file committees of police and soldiers. Side with the masses and purge the officers and hierarchy
- No to sectarianism! For the unity of all workers across religious lines
- Full democratic rights immediately, including the rights to assemble, to strike and to organize democratic independent trade unions
-No trust in any new 'national unity' regime based on the interests of the ruling class and imperialism
-Immediate and free elections to a revolutionary democratic constituent assembly. For a government of workers, small farmers and rural poor.
-A living minimum wage, guaranteed jobs, a massive program of house building, education and health care
-Nationalization of Egypt's big corporations, the banks and large estates and their democratic planning to meet the needs of the masses not of an elite
-For the formation of a party of workers, and those exploited by capitalism, a party with a socialist program
-Full support for mass opposition movements to overthrow dictators across the region
-A socialist Egypt and a socialist confederation of the region, on an equal and voluntary basis.
The Committee for a Workers International (CWI)
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
© 2013 Created by Eric Lee.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.